Tuesday, May 05, 2009

pissed off

I am SO f*cked off with Google's Picasa which has just managed to wreck more than half the photographs I took over the weekend with my new camera. I have no idea what happened but they are irretrievably damaged, scrambled into lines and blocks of colour. I used Picasa to download the photographs from the camera - which is what I have done for the last few years - and then watched as the thumbnails generated, looking like an absolute mess. I checked one of the pictures and - to my horror - found that it was all scrambled. The next was the same. On closing down Picasa, I checked the photographs in Photoshop: completely unreadable. Utterly destroyed. Fortunately, all the pictures after I closed the programme are fine and readable.

The programme has now been deleted and I recommend that everyone else does the same, just to be safe.




I also hurt my neck really badly yesterday. No idea what happened: I just woke up with a horrible pain in my neck and shoulder, which made travelling quite unpleasant. Feeling a bit better today. Early night tonight.




Great weekend in Brighton, seeing Dingo and playing with my new camera. Went to see part of the Anish Kapoor show which is on there at the moment. Wonderful:


Anish Kapoor 4


Dingo went out on his bike a bit and I took some infra-red photographs. I'm really pleased with this one:


Queen's Park Pond


It's exciting to be able to experiment again!