Tuesday, October 04, 2011

a little bit burlesque...

I left the workshop tonight, fully intending to spend the evening engraving but found, instead, that my bike had a puncture and, worse, that I had packed the wrong pump (Presta not Schrader) in my rucksack, so it took me almost twice as long to get home and now I have no time to engrave... Still, I've got the piece (a part of Future Legend) in the vice, ready for tomorrow, then I am going to have to patch my inner-tube. Bah!

The somewhat odd title of this entry comes from a smutty observation made in the workshop today when I was trying out the end-caps for the spheres which will make up the main sections of Fashion:Victim:

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP 49)


I can hear the salubrious saxophone in my head.
Fortunately, I'm fairly sure that these will look quite different when they're finished.

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP )


I've been frantically casting things for this project too. The "claws" for the outside of the sphere The Illusion of Freedom Buys The Power of Destruction are cast:

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP 47)


As are the containers which will hold the recycled rare-earth magnets (from old ultrasonic toothbrush heads) for the catches:

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP 48)


I also finished carving the falcon claw, which I am pretty pleased with, especially as it is hollow and will weigh around 30g when cast:

Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP 52)


Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP 51)


Fashion:Victim - In Memoriam ALMcQ (WIP 50)