Thursday, February 21, 2013

Short Post About A Small Show

One of my students, Inness Thomson, though only part of the way through his course, has just opened his first small show at Scotland Art.Com, a gallery in the centre of glasgow. As you can understand, he is justifiably proud:

Iness Thomson - 1


I especially like his silver and topaz necklet:

Iness Thomson - 2


The show runs for the next month and is worth a visit.



I've been promoting a new "Crafthaus"-type of website for British jewellers - it seems that it is specifically for British jewellers, but I wonder for how long - called Young British Jewellers. It already seems that you don't have to be "young" - as proven by my own membership! - but you have to have young ideas... or something like that. That makes it sound like I am sniping, but I am emphatically not! I support this fully and hope that other makers in the UK will too.



Further to last week's dressmaking pin frenzy, I've been at work with the pins again. Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph how the piece is looking so far. Update tomorrow.